If you’ve always dreamed of becoming a fashion designer, ModCloth wants to help you make that dream come true. The ModCloth Make The Cut program is a recurring design contest that invites the ModCloth Community to design garments, graphics, or fabric prints. Its main purpose is to further their mission of democratizing fashion by producing clothing designed by community members. At ModCloth, YOU can become a designer! Their latest design challenge? Prints Charming.
Entrants will design a new print for a private label dress silhouette that is already being produced! Contestants have two weeks to submit designs. After the submission period, the ModCloth Creative Team will narrow down the submissions to 20, which will be sent to the guest judge, Amanda Needham, Costume Designer for Portlandia. After Amanda has chosen the 10 finalists, they will be posted on the Be The Buyer page for voting. There will be a week for the Community to vote, then ModCloth will contact the winner and update the contest announcement with the big news!
• Contest is Live Now!
• End of Submission Period: Friday 02/14/14
• Launch voting on Be The Buyer: Monday 03/03/14
• End voting on Be The Buyer: Monday 03/10/14
• Winner announced on ModCloth Blog (winner will be contacted personally): Wednesday 3/12/14
Send your entry in now and good luck!
And in the meantime, if your wardrobe could use a little punch of pattern – or if you’re thinking of designing your own pattern and need some inspiration – here are some of the freshest pattern-filled pieces from ModCloth’s stash.
1. Morning Meander Top, $42.99
2. Cat Person Scarf, $19.99
3. Fresh Beat Boot, $129.99
4. Bathing Beauty One Piece in Royal Plaid, $89.99
5. The Wheel Deal Dress, $124.99
6. Spade with Love Top, $47.99
7. A Note of Gold Pants, $59.99
8. Cheeriest and Dearest Dress, $94.99
9. Pont des Arts Picnic Coat, $79.99
10. Resort Talent Show Loafer, $32.99
11. Shoppin’ in Chi-Town Top, $37.99
12. Flavorful Dreams Pajamas, $127.99