A year ago, National Running Day was not a holiday I ever considered celebrating. Me, run? Me, leave the couch? But almost 55 pounds later, I feel unstoppable. And so I celebrated National Running Day by running… and by registering for my first half-marathon.
As part of National Running Day, Competitor offered a $20 discount on all Rock ‘n’ Roll races. And since a Rock ‘n’ Roll race is happening in Denver in October, I couldn’t think of a good reason not to sign up. Want to join me? Sign up today!
I could lie and say that I hadn’t considered running this race before today and that the discount was too good to pass up, but that wouldn’t explain how this landed in my mailbox yesterday.
There are other fun things happening for National Running Day (assuming you consider running itself “fun”):
- The Neon Splash Dash is offering a $5 registration discount; use the discount code LUV2RUN.
- There’s no code needed to get a $20 discount off any Women’s Running Series event.
- Grab some friends and sign up for a Muddy Buddy – $20 team registration at locations nationwide.
- When you used the hashtag #IMARUNNER on Twitter or Instragram, Timex will donate $5 to One Fund Boston, up to $15,000. Using the hashtag will also enter you to win one of 60 Times Ironman watches.
- Did you run today? Be sure to log your miles at Run Now and support One Fund Boston.
- Still looking for a run to join today? Meetup.com has a list of running groups meeting around the world.
- And grab the official National Running Day badge for your blog or Facebook page and tell the world why you run.
Now go run!